Chargeplus Review

Inline image 4

I set off on my all India Trip with a very short notice, so I did not have a charger nor a power bank and my phone would often run out of battery. When I was in Hyderabad I was gifted a Bolt charger by the Wanderers biking club, was really happy and excited to finally get a charger. But within no time, i had trouble with it and it stopped working and I had to go back to my old ways of stopping at a Dhaba or a restaurant and charging the phone.So when I saw a post by Motonomous on Facebook and about the competition they were having, where one can win a mobile charger and other helmet goodies, I was kinda hoping I get my hands on the charger and thankfully after a month I did receive the Resonate Chargeplus because I won the photo2motocontest.       


                                                     Inline image 2 Inline image 1


I was in Agra when i received the parcel and it came in a nice sturdy box that contains
1 USB charger
1 Charger Holder
2 Ring Terminal
1 Quick Splice
4 Cable Tie
1 User Manual




Inline image 3

The installation of the Chargeplus is very easy if you follow their simple steps as mentioned in the manual.But I came across the long 3M cable and wondered why would they provide so much additional wire that I had to roll and place above the battery. But then I read that this was done for a reason, if you are camping then you can run the USB cable all the way to the tent and put up a WiFi Dongle (or) a USB Light (or) a 5V mosquito repellent. I’ve used Chargeplus for the last 6000 kms or so and after about a few weeks of usage my reviews are mentioned below. 


Chargeplus mobile charger review:



 Value for money (6/10)


Available at Rs 2799 on Amazon, which is pretty awesome. The actual price is Rs 3,499 which is a bit too pricey considering there are so many other chargers out there in the market. But the Chargeplus does look like an expensive gadget with good built quality and something that will last long.  




Charging ability (10/10)


Ever since I've had the Chargeplus my phone hasn't died. Even when I was in Varanasi and there was a power cut for the whole day it didn't really bother me coz I knew had the Chargeplus to rely on to keep my phone running. Intelligent charging and the Cabling is UL Certified which is completely safe and has another intelligent circuit that constantly monitors voltage of the battery and at 12.1V cuts it off (3) automatically, thus ensuring there is enough power left in the battery, the minimum required to start a motorcycle.  




 Durability (9/10)


My bike blue and me have ridden through bad roads, no roads rocky terrain, mountains, snow and sand dunes, but thankfully it didn't give away, also went through extreme weather changes, rode with it on the dirt track and many off-road trails, but the wires are still intact and there is no damage to the charger.The company offers 1 year replacement warranty. 





Weatherproofing (9/10)


The entire unit is built to ensure a longer life and withstand all adverse weatherI have used this device a lot in the rains, no matter how much water falls the phone and charger are in good condition.   

Inline image 4

I have used it in extreme heat and extreme cold conditions and it still managed to work. Apparently has some kind of short-circuit protection, and over-heating protection.




Ease of use (10/10)


Flip the cover to keep the water away from the USB socket and all you need is to peel it off and connect the cable to the USB port every time you have to use it. It’s light, it’s small, fixed on the bike and no one would even take the trouble to steal it. 




 Looks (9/10) 


The Chargeplus looks more like a microphone attached to my handlebar, which often gets curious visitors. While charging there’s a yellow light that shines up at the USB port, this happens only when the wire is connected to a phone or any other device. It’s a small decent looking functional charger out there.


Inline image 5



Verdict (9/10) : 


Recommended charger especially for long  trips and an essential device for any tourer’s bike. The best thing about this device is the reliability, the speed of charge, and the ease of use. Even though the price is high, it's more like a one-time investment.                                              


Comments

  1. What happened to the bolt charger? Is half the price of the chargeplus. Was planning on buying the bolt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Articles very practical, very helpful to me.



    RS Gold

    ReplyDelete
  3. And indeed, I’m just always astounded concerning the remarkable things served by you. Some 4 facts on this page are undeniably the most effective I’ve had.

    ------------------
    Finance software

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment